Ginger Cucumber Detox Drink
2 inch knob of ginger
1 cup of parsley
Dash of cayenne pepper
If you want sweeter juice add watermelon, cantaloupe, or honey dew.
Peel cucumbers, remove skin from lime, and turn on juicer. Juice the parsley, ginger, lime, and cucumbers. Pour over ice and add a dash of cayenne pepper.
Minty Lime Detox Smoothie
1.5 Frozen bananas
Half a lime peeled
1 orange – juiced
1 handful of mint
Half a cup of coconut water or water
Optional – Handful of “greens” of your choice
CLEAN THE BODY FROM TOXINS ONCE AND FOR ALL. You will be amazed by the positive results of your body. The juice will enhance the digestion, destroy the toxins and will give you extra energy.
1 glass of water 1 fresh root ginger 4 apples 1 lemon
Peel the lemon and put it in the juicer together with the ginger root, apples, and water. You need to drink this juice in the morning on an empty stomach, before breakfast. Source: Healthy Food House
Anti-Inflamatory Beet Detox Soup
2 cups chopped beets
1 cup chopped apple
2 cups chopped celery
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups chopped carrots
4 cups vegetable broth OR chicken broth
2 tablespoons grated ginger
1 tablespoon fresh thyme OR 2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon pink rogray OR grey sea salt
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2-3 cups unsweetened coconut beverage
Optional: 2 tablespoons dairy and nut-free pesto
Add all ingredients, except coconut beverage, to a large pot.
Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes or until everything is very soft.
In a blender, process the soup with coconut beverage until smooth.
Top with pesto if desired.
Natural Detox and Immune Boosting Tonic
1 30 oz. bottle Organic Apple Cider Vinegar 1/4 cup chopped Garlic 1/4 cup Onions 1/4 cup Habanera peppers (or other hot peppers) 1/4 cup grated Ginger 1/4 cup grated Horseradish 2 T Turmeric
Blend ingredients together, strain and pour liquid back into bottle. Store the tonic in a cupboard for long periods of time. No need to keep in the refrigerator. You can use it mixed with olive oil for a salad dressing or add to stir-fry.
- For sore throat, gargle a bit in the mouth and swallow.
- For an illness, such as a cold or flu take a Tablespoon every couple of hours.
- For daily immune support drink 1Tablespoon every day. Build up tolerance to a shot glass full.
- Eat an orange, lemon, or lime slice after to ease the heat.
All About Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh ripe apples that are fermented and undergo a stringent process to create the final product. The vinegar contains a host of vitamins, beta-carotene, pectin and vital minerals such as potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, chlorine, sulphur, iron, and fluorine.
Pectin in the vinegar is a fiber that helps reduce bad cholesterol and helps in regulating blood pressure. This vinegar helps extract calcium from the fruits, vegetables and meat it is mixed with, helping in the process of maintaining strong bones. Potassium deficiency causes a variety of ailments including hair loss, weak fingernails, brittle teeth, sinusitis, and a permanently running nose. Apple cider vinegar is loaded with potassium. Potassium deficiency results in stunted growth. These ailments can be avoided with the intake of apple cider vinegar. The potassium in this vinegar also helps in eliminating toxic waste from the body. The beta-carotene helps in countering damage caused by free radicals, helping one maintain firmer skin and a youthful appearance. Apple cider vinegar is good for those wanting to lose weight. It helps in breaking down fat and helps in natural weight reduction.
Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid helpful in fighting fungal and bacterial infections. This acid dissolves uric acid deposits that form around joints, helping relieve joint pains. This dissolved uric acid is gradually eliminated from the body. It is claimed that apple cider vinegar is helpful in ailments such as constipation, headaches, arthritis, weak bones, indigestion, high cholesterol, diarrhea, eczema, sore eyes, chronic fatigue, mild food poisoning, hair loss, high blood pressure, obesity, along with a host of many other ailments.
Benefit of each Ingredient: Garlic is a broad spectrum antibiotic. Unlike chemical antibiotics that kill off millions of friendly bacteria your body needs, Garlic only targets the invading bacteria and even promotes and increases your healthy bacteria. Garlic is a powerful anti-fungal and destroys any antigen, pathogen and any harmful or disease causing micro-organism.
Onion is Garlic’s next of kin and has similar but milder action. Together they are a tremendous fighting duo.
Horseradish is a potent herb for the sinus and lungs. It opens up the sinus passages and increases the circulation there, where most doctors agree, the common cold and influenza often starts.
Ginger contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is a tremendous circulatory stimulant.
Cayenne (Peppers) is the most powerful circulatory propellant known. It simply sends the antibiotic and disease fighting properties of the other herbs where they’re needed most.
Turmeric clears infection and reduces inflammation inside of the body. It blocks cancer from developing. It is especially helpful for those with joint pain.
Kidney cleanse Wash a bunch of parsley and Cilantro (Coriander Leaves). Cilantro gets rid of heavy metals. Cut it into small pieces and put it in a pot. Cover with water and boil for ten minutes. Let cool and filter it into a clean bottle and keep in refrigerator to. Drink one glass daily and you will notice all salt and other accumulated poison coming out of your kidney by urination and you will notice the difference.
Quick Daily Liver Cleanse
“The liver has more than five hundred functions in the body? “Your four-and-a-half pound liver manufactures 13,000 chemicals and has 2,000 enzyme systems, plus thousands of synergists that help the body function,” says Liz Lipski, PhD in her book Digestive Wellness.
Among the liver’s five hundred functions are:
- Detoxing, cleansing, and purifying blood
- Producing and excreting bile Activating enzymes
- Excreting bilirubin, cholesterol, hormones and drugs
- Storing glycogen, vitamins and minerals
- Synthesizing plasma proteins
- Producing amino acids.
It is one of the few organs that can regenerate itself. However, repetitive damage and severe toxins like pesticides, herbicides, preservatives, alcohol, and dyes can lead to liver failure, dysfunction, cancer, and ultimately even death. This cleanse is very gentle, non-invasive and simple.
First thing each morning drink a large glass of water with half a lemon squeezed in it. Take no ice with the water and make sure it is room temperature so that it does not cause a shock to the system. The liver flushes toxins out of our bloodstream while we are asleep- in fasting mode. Lemon water aids the flushing of the toxins and free radicals from the liver. You will find yourself more awake, with a better digestive response to food throughout the day, and less likely to develop migraines or headaches.
Save the other half of lemon for the glass of water you will have with dinner or lunch. It will help you digest better and absorb you meal slower to give your body a steady flow of glucose rather than a spike.
In the winter nothing is more delicious than a hot cup of tea with a lemon slice and some grated ginger. The combination of the two is helpful when dealing with cravings, sugar addictions, a sore throat, or an upset tummy. You should only use filtered water for this beverage. Fluoride and chlorine are toxins! If you don’t have a good water filter let the water sit for five or ten minutes on the counter, since some chemicals will dissipate when exposed to air.
Colon Cleanse that Will Rid Your Body of Toxic Waste
Plan a stay-at-home day to relax with a bathroom available for when the internal cleaning process begins. Drink this cleansing juice first thing in the morning before you eat anything. Have another cup of this before a light lunch, advisably consisting of steamed vegetables and baked salmon.
Drink the beverage a third time mid-afternoon. Consume 6-8 glasses of room-temperature water throughout the day. Slow down drinking after 5 pm to prevent a midnight bathroom excursion.
1/2 cup organic apple juice 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice 1 teaspoon ginger juice 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 1/2 cup warm purified water
Pour the warmed water in a glass and stir in the sea salt. Add the juices, and drink. This combination will transform your colon! Experts say to do this cleanse in one day or over maximum of a week for best results! Do not cleanse more than once a week.
Potential Risks: Do not try any type of colon cleanse if you have diabetes due to the natural sugar content in the juices. If you are pregnant, experiencing any disease, suffering from allergies, or on medications. Consult with your medical practitioner before attempting this cleanse or other new actions.
Benefits of the Cleanse
Remove excess fatty acids from the body Alleviate anxiety and fatigue Balance hormones Healthy appetite Improve sleep
Your digestive system controls a lot more than you think! Only when it is functioning at its optimum can you feel your best. Take a swig of this juice for an improved wellbeing.
Grape Seed Extract
Outperforms Chemo in Killing Advanced Cancer Cells
by Susan Patterson, NaturalSociety.com
Patients with colorectal cancer may benefit from the cancer-growth-inhibiting power of grape seed extract. Researchers from the University of Colorado Cancer Center report that the more aggressive the cancer cells are, the more effective the grape extract works at targeting and stopping the growth.
Grape seed extract is amazing in that it attacks the cancer cells but leaves the healthy cells untouched. This is a departure from conventional cancer treatments that destroy all of the cells in an attempt to stop the spread of cancer.
The power of grape seed extract seems quite remarkable in this research. Molly Derry, investigator at the CU Cancer Center, and her team saw that while doses of chemotherapy increase with more severe cancer cases, such as a stage IV instead of stage II, the amount of grape seed extract required actually decreased.
The bioactive compounds in grape seed extract selectively target many types of cancer cells. This study shows that many of the same mutations that allow colorectal cancer cells to metastasize and survive traditional therapies make them especially sensitive to treatment with GSE.”
Grape seed extract is made from the seed of the grape and is beneficial for a number of cardiovascular conditions such as poor circulation and high cholesterol. The extract has been found useful in the treatment of diabetes-related eye disease, loss of vision due to aging, and swelling associated with injury. Currently, GSE is being studied in the treatment of leukemia and Alzheimer’s disease.
In one study, the growth of new tumors in mice fed black raspberry decreased by 45 percent and the total number of tumors went down 60 percent. Other research found that foods rich in flavanols (berries, grapes, apples) also reduces the risk of colon cancer.
Advanced Cancer and Grape Seed Extract
The bioactive compounds in grape seed extract selectively target many types of cancer cells. With an increase in colorectal cancer, the findings of this study are timely. By the time most people are diagnosed with the disease, it is in the advanced stages. Researchers found that it required less grape seed extract to kill advanced cancer cells than it did cells in the early stage. It is thought that the extract kills cancer cells by a process of oxidative stress.
Back in 2003, Chris Wark, a 26-year-old, was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. He underwent a surgery and decided afterwards not to receive chemotherapy and decided to instead focusing on healing his body with only nutrients. He is now living a 100% disease free life. After he began eating healthy, he tried to back his diet with as many minerals, enzymes, and vitamins as possible. He claims that juicing fresh fruits and vegetables are the best way to obtain everything your body needs.
Organic vegetables, herbs and seeds are the main ingredients for his anti-cancer salad. Dark, leafy vegetables are extremely rich with anti-oxidants and are capable of stopping free radicals from harming our bodies. Fruits and vegetables need different digesting acids and this is why he never mixes fruits with vegetables. If they are mixed, it can slow the healing process.
Here is the list of ingredients for Chris’s anti-cancer salad:
-Kale, spinach, baby romaine, arugula
-Sprouted garbanzo beans
-Sprouted mung beans
-Sprouted red or green lentils
-Organic sauerkraut (containing only three ingredients: cabbage, water and salt)
-Organic Cold-Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Sprinkle with these four cancer-fighting spices:
-Organic Garlic Powder
-Organic Turmeric or Curry Powder
-Organic Cayenne Pepper
10 Foods to Help Lower Risks of Developing Certain Types of Cancer.
1. Grapefruit is full of vitamin C. Vitamin C, an antioxidant found in many types of citrus fruits and some vegetables. Vitamin C can prevent the formation of nitrogen compounds in the body that cause cancer.
2. Garlic – People who eat more garlic are less likely to develop cancer. Ingredients in garlic may keep substances in the body that cause cancer from working or slow down the multiplication of cancer cells.
3. Berries are one of the best foods you can eat to help prevent cancer. They are tasty and full of antioxidants, which help your body fight off diseases.
4. Tomatoes contain lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage that may cause cancer.
5. Cruciferous Vegetables include cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli that have components to help protect a cell’s DNA from damage that could cause cancer.
6. Green Tea contains catechins that are antioxidants that help prevent cancer. Drinking green tea can help lower the risk of cancer.
7. Whole Grains contain antioxidants and fiber that can help lower cancer risk.
8. Turmeric comes from a root similar to ginger. Turmeric contains curcumin that can help reduce the risk of cancer.
9. Leafy green vegetables including kale, spinach, lettuce, and collard greens are high in the antioxidants lutein and beta-carotene that may limit growth of cancer cells.
10. Grapes – Reservatol is a powerful antioxidant found in the skin of red grapes. Reservatol may help keep cancer from starting or spreading. Studies have found that these foods can greatly reduce your risk.
If you want to prevent the development of cancer, you have to oppose the acidity of your body, creating alkaline conditions. This recipe consists of lemon and baking soda.
Lemon has strong anti-cancer properties. It has a solid impact on cysts and tumors and annihilates the cancer-causing cells of 12 distinct sorts of cancers. Lemon has 10 000 times more grounded impact than the medications or chemotherapy and has an exceptionally solid anti microbial impact with an extremely wide range of action against bacterial and contagious diseases.
Lemon is effective against internal parasites and worms, regulates blood pressure and is a powerful antidepressant, and reduces stress. Lemon contains vitamin C, vitamin B, riboflavin, and minerals such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium.
By including baking soda, you will effectively diminish the acidity of the body. The disease cells can’t develop in an alkaline domain. Lemons have a strong anticancer effect. They destroy the malignant cells of 12 types of cancer, including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreas. When the baking soda is added to the lemon, the effect is even greater because it completely changes the pH levels of the body.
– 240ml of distilled water
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– Juice of 1 lemon
Mix the ingredients, and drink this beverage on an empty stomach. You have to make this recipe at least three times a day. The patient should drink the lemon juice with a teaspoon of baking soda. Ensure the lemon is organic without chemicals. Natural lemon is 100 times more productive than lemon developed with manures and splashed with chemicals.
Prevent Cancer Cleanse
Keeping the body clean is important to live a healthy life. This recipe will clean the blood vessels, the heart, restore the immune system, and clean the liver, kidneys, excretory system, and digestive system. It can improve brain function and memory, protects the heart from heart attacks, and heals people who have survived these problems. Having a healthy and clean body is essential for living a healthy life. This recipe helps with getting rid of inflamed joints, a remedy against cancer, and regulates body weight. So, all in all, this recipe is a total body cleanser. Detoxing the body can be very beneficial to the body because it rids the body of unwanted wastes and restores function to many systems.
• 8 cups germinated wheat grain
• 30 fresh lemons
• 24 heads of fresh garlic
• 6 cups of organic honey
• 8 cups of fresh walnuts
1. Put the wheat in a boiled glass jar then pour water over it and let sit.
2. After 10-12 hours, strain the water
3. Wash the grains well and strain again
4. Leave the wheat in the jar for at least 24 hours and you will have germinated wheat.
1. Grind germinated wheat, walnuts, and washed garlic cloves.
2. Grind 10 lemons
3. Mix everything together
4. Juice the rest of lemons and add to the mixture until it becomes homogenous.
5. Add honey and stir
6. Pour into jars and keep in the fridge.
7. Let the jars sit for 3 days
Take 2-4 tablespoons 30 minutes before each meal and 30 minutes before you go to bed. Do this until the whole mixture is completely gone.
Cancer Cure Recipe
10 garlic cloves
1 cup of apple cider vinegar
1 cup of organic unpasteurized honey
Blend all of the ingredients in a blender. Place mixture in a jar and keep refrigerated. Consume within 5 days of preparation. After 5 days the healing properties are lower. Take 2 tablespoons before you eat or drink anything else, immediately after waking up. If you do not like the taste, you can mix it with fresh juice or water.
Cure cancer – A woman from Bosnia her honey and ginger recipe to help others cure cancer.
Honey Ginger Recipe
A few larger ginger roots
Grind ginger finely and mix it with 2 cups or 16 oz. organic honey
Keep the remedy in jars, and consume a tablespoon 3-4 times a day. It is important to avoid any contact with metal items, so try to use a wooden or plastic spoon.You should see the first results in just 4 days.
Celery and Cancer
Celery is the ideal addition to a healthy cancer-free lifestyle. Celery contains compounds that help repel cancer cells. Celery contains apigenin and luteolin, bioactive flavonoids that fight cancer cells. The apigenin component of celery fights cancer cells by inducing apoptosis (programmed cell death). It is traditionally used in Chinese medicine to treat gout and some arthritic conditions. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory compound rivaling commercial anti-inflammatory drugs. Luteolin has the capacity to short-circuit the replication cycle of cancer cells. Luteolin is able to block the signal pathways (IGF and PI3K) necessary for the growth of cancer cells, specifically colorectal cancers. Luteolin also possesses strong anti-inflammatory properties.
Miracle Cure Juice! It helps regenerate cells and infuses them with nutrients in a fast, efficient manner. Benefits from drinking this juice:
- Helps prevent cancer cells from developing and restrains their ability to proliferate and grow
- It targets and heals the liver, kidneys, spleen and pancreas and can heal ulcers
- Strengthens lungs and opens up airways
- Reduces high blood pressure and helps prevent heart attacks
- Strengthens the immune system via antioxidants
- Eliminates red and tired or dry eyes
- Replenishes fatigued muscles and helps relieve pain
- Helps eliminate constipation and/or diarrhea, and assists in making bowel movements more regular.
- Helps repair the skin and give you a healthy glow (great for eliminating acne).
- It cleans from the inside out, so it clears bad body odor and improves bad breath
- Reduces allergies, such as those who suffer from Hay Fever.
Juice and reap the amazing health benefits!
2 large beets 4 long carrots 2 apples 6 stalks celery 2 limes 2 inches ginger
If you want to prevent the development of cancer, you have to oppose the acidity of your body, creating alkaline conditions. This recipe consists of lemon and baking soda. Lemon has strong anti-cancer properties. It has a solid impact on cysts and tumors and annihilates the cancer-causing cells of 12 distinct sorts of cancers. Lemon has 10 000 times more grounded impact than the medications or chemotherapy and has an exceptionally solid anti microbial impact with an extremely wide range of action against bacterial and contagious diseases. Lemon is effective against internal parasites and worms, regulates blood pressure, is a powerful antidepressant, and reduces stress. Lemon contains vitamin C, vitamin B, riboflavin, and minerals such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium.
By including baking soda, you diminish the acidity of the body. Disease cells can’t develop in an alkaline domain. Lemons have a strong anticancer effect. They destroy the malignant cells of 12 types of cancer, including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreas. When the baking soda is added, the effect is greater because it completely changes the pH levels of the body.
240ml of distilled water 1 teaspoon of baking soda Juice of 1 lemon
Mix the ingredients, and drink this beverage on an empty stomach. You have to make this recipe at least three times a day. The patient should drink the lemon juice with a teaspoon of baking soda. Ensure the lemon is organic without chemicals. Natural lemon is 100 times more productive than lemon developed with manures and splashed with chemicals.
Miracle unleashed – When researchers at the Health Sciences Institute were alerted to the news of Graviola,! they be gan tracking the research done on the cancer-killing tree. Evidence of the astounding effectiveness of Graviola–and its shocking cover-up–came in fast and furious…. ….The National Cancer Institute performed the first scientific research in 1976. The results showed that Graviola’s “leaves and stems were found effective in attacking and destroying malignant cells.” Inexplicably, the results were published in an internal report and never released to the public… …
.Since 1976, Graviola has proven to be an immensely potent cancer killer in 20 independent laboratory tests, yet no double-blind clinical trials–the typical benchmark mainstream doctors and journals use to judge a treatment’s value–were ever initiated.
A study published in the Journal of Natural Products, following a recent study conducted at Catholic University of South Korea stated that one chemical in Graviola was found to selectively kill colon cancer cells at “10,000 times the potency of (the commonly used chemotherapy drug) Adriamycin…” ….The most significant part of the Catholic University of South Korea report is that Graviola was shown to selectively target the cancer cells, leaving healthy cells untouched. Unlike chemotherapy, which indiscriminately targets all actively reproducing cells (such as stomach and hair cells), causing the often devastating side effects of nausea and hair loss in cancer patients.
A study at Purdue University recently found that leaves from the Graviola tree killed cancer cells among six human cell lines and were especially effective against prostate, pancreatic and lung cancers Seven years of silence broken. — with Gary Juffa, Wilzman Samb, Kibuka Ambros Kariai and 45 others.
Dangerous Cancer Causing Products
The Cancer Prevention Coalition (CPC) and Ralph Nader have released a “Dirty Dozen” list of consumer products containing a wide-range of carcinogenic and toxic contaminants that most of us are exposed to daily.
Non-Stick Cookware is proven to release toxic chemicals into food during cooking. When non-stick cookware is heated up, its coating begins to break down at a molecular level and releases toxic particles and fluoride-based gasses, many of which are carcinogenic. Instead of toxic non-stick cookware use glass, ceramic or stainless steel pots and pans.
Artificial Sweeteners are worse for you than sugar: Acesulfame K may be carcinogenic, causes tumors and affects pregnancy. Aspartame is linked to skin cancers and can be deadly for people with phenylketonuria. Saccharin may cause bladder cancer, is indigestible, and gets excreted by the liver unchanged. Sorbitol is partially digested, causes diarrhea, bloating and gas. Replace artificial sweeteners with: Stevia can lower blood pressure and blood sugar. Erythritol has no effect on blood sugar, insulin or cholesterol levels. Xylitol can improve bone density and reduce risk of tooth decay. Yacon syrup feeds good bacteria in intestines and fights against constipation. Honey or Maple Syrup
Talcum Powder – Talc can lead to lung irritations and ovarian cancer. Plastic Bottles And Food Containers – Chemicals in plastic leach into what you are drinking. Choose reusable metal or glass. Save the environment and keep your body safe.
Air Fresheners – Fumes emitted from air freshener cans are more dangerous than cigarette smoke. These fumes cause asthma, hormone imbalance, and cancers. Overexposure to air fresheners is linked to cancers of the nose and throat. Use essential oils. Add 15 drops of essential oil to a spray bottle with a cup of distilled water.
Commercial Cleaning Products have been linked respiratory disorders and asthma, and contain hormone disruptors such as parabens, triclosan, phthalates, and BPA. Vinegar and baking soda provide natural antimicrobial cleaning properties and are effective against staph, salmonella, and E. coli.
Toothpaste may contain saccharin and fluoride, both carcinogens. Fluoride can cause cavities and severely damage the thyroid. Coconut oil could be a healthy alternative.
Shampoo – Chemicals in anti-dandruff shampoos have been linked to cancer. Mothballs are toxic and cause kidney and liver damage, Hemolytic Anemia (it destroys red blood cells!).
Antibacterial Soap contains triclosan, which spurs the growth of drug-resistant bacteria,increases risk of infertility, early puberty, and cancer, and interferes with hormone levels. Use a natural soap like Castille.
Antiperspirants/Deodorants – Research has detected parabens, a preservative, in some personal care products. It has been found in women’s breast tissue.
Flea and Tick Treatments – Fipronil, found in many liquid flea and tick treatments can cause, vomiting or diarrhea, skin irritation, weakness, headaches, seizures and dizziness and is considered a possible human carcinogen.
The array of healthy herbs and spices that our plant world has to offer us expands our palates and perks up our dinner plates and also perform important restorative functions throughout our bodies to help keep us healthy, vibrant, and disease-free.
These as especially noteworthy for two reasons:
1. Each is distinctly potent for healing, and many make excellent additions to your favorite meal dishes.
2. They’re all easy to find and easy on the wallet.
1.Turmeric has profound anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric’s pain relieving, immune-modulating, heavy metal-detoxifying, and cancer-preventing benefits are pronounced. A relative of ginger, it is among the world’s most therapeutic natural substances. There are at least 580 different ways in which turmeric can help the body, which include its ability to prevent and fight cancer, mitigate radioactive exposure, protect against disease-causing inflammation, and bolster brain health. Turmeric has long held premier status in Indian Ayurvedic medicine for nearly 6,000 years.
2. Chili Pepper gives food a spicy kick! A compound found in chili pepper known as capsaicin stops the body from producing damaging inflammation. Capsaicin helps relieve pain and promote nerve health, and is an excellent choice for people with arthritis. Capsaicin, found in cayenne, jalapeños, and several other nightshades, has been shown in studies to fight cancer. Capsaicin is powerfully chemo-protective, as well as a promoter of apoptosis (causes cancer cells to commit cell “suicide.)”
3. Rhodiola Rosea, known as “golden root,” has the generalized effect of helping the body to effectively navigate a volatile and stressful world. It can directly combat the damaging effects of environmental pollution inside our bodies and help keep our minds clear and blood pressure levels in check. It helps the body to burn fat while producing more energy, lowers cortisol levels, improves brain function, and fights depression. It aids red blood cells in delivering more oxygen to muscles. Studies show that rhodiola invokes an anti-inflammatory response in the body, helping to boost performance and improve muscle recovery. The cortisol-lowering properties of rhodiola help balance thyroid function and optimize hormone production.
4. Ginseng – There are 11 different varieties of this well-known herb. It is one of the most popular native remedies in the world and is used to treat headaches, promote fertility, improve digestion, and boost energy levels, strengthen the immune system, and aid in sexual healing and rejuvenation. Ginseng has an amazing ability to keep disease-causing inflammation at bay. Ginseng is a powerful anti-cancer herb that improvs the function of natural killer cells while minimizing oxidative stress throughout the body.
5. Ginkgo Biloba has a solid track record of therapeutic use that extends thousands of years. Ginkgo biloba exhibits powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune-modulating effects that are well-documented in scientific literature. People use ginkgo regularly to help improve memory, mood, and brain function. Science suggests that this herb can help increase energy and improve focus. Ginkgo stands out from the rest for its ability to prevent, and even reverse, cognitive decline and neurodegeneration, while helping to lift one’s spirits and improve feelings of calm and contentment. Nervous system disorders like fibromyalgia respond positively to ginkgo.
#6: Bacopa is another Ayurvedic herb that shows incredible healing benefits for brain health as it relates to concentration and memory. Bacopa has an adaptogenic effect in helping to mitigate stress and stress-related health conditions, emphasized by its ability to modulate the brain’s production of dopamine and other “feel-good” chemicals as needed. It helps relieve anxiety and depression, and studies show it can help ward off degenerative brain conditions like Alzheimer’s disease.
#7: Periwinkle has an extensive history of use in Ayurveda. Periwinkle is loaded with vinca alkaloids that are powerfully cytotoxic − meaning they kill cancer cells. In addition to helping lower blood pressure and fighting off pathogens, vinca alkaloids are so effective in healing cancer that they are said to be the second-most-used class of cancer “drugs” in modern medicine.
#8: Astragalus contains an array of saponins, flavonoids, polysaccharides, and other unique compounds that boost immunity, protect against heart disease, ward off bacteria and viruses, and improve cellular communication. It has been shown to break down and eliminate tumors and is known for its ability to target the inflammatory responses that, in many cases, cause healthy cells to go rogue and become cancerous in the first place.
#9: Holy Basil is often brewed as a tea to help calm the nerves and balance blood sugar levels. It can help to restore proper functionality to both the thyroid and adrenal glands. What makes holy basil special in this regard, along with rhodiola, ginseng, and some of the other adaptogenic herbs is the fact that this herb isn’t a stimulant, yet its stress-relieving properties help normalize adrenal function, which in turn helps boost energy levels, focus, and mental stability. Holy basil helps fight cancer, exhibiting powerful anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties that protect nearly every system of the body from breakdown including vital organs and the cellular system. Antioxidant phytonutrients in holy basil help to promote healthy gene expression, as well as inhibit cancer metastasis and tumor growth. They’ve even exhibited a direct effect in destroying cancer cells.
#10: Lemon Balm is an herb that hails from the mint family. This healthy herb is one that many people use aromatherapeutically to promote calm, peace of mind, and restful sleep. Lemon balm helps sharpen memory, boost alertness, and improve overall mood and is a powerful antioxidant that prevents cancer-causing free radical damage throughout the body thus helping to prevent the formation of chronic disease. Lemon balm serves as a potent liver tonic aiding in the liver’s production of two of the most important antioxidants that our bodies need for health: glutathione and superoxide dismutase.
#11: Rosemary has an intoxicating aroma. Rosemary helps improve cognitive performance and mood, and helps one think better and perform daily tasks more efficiently and effectively. Two key constituents of rosemary, caffeic acid and rosemarinic acid, are potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds that help protect the body against free radical damage. Rosemary contains a substance known as carnosol that helps rid the body of toxic substances that can lead to the formation of breast cancer. Rosemary possesses generalized anti-tumoral properties that help to prevent cancers of the colon, liver, stomach, skin, and blood.
10 REASONS TO DRINK MORE WATER:
We should drink more pure water every day. The absolute purist water is distilled water. Drink water on an empty stomach. When you drink a lot of liquid with a meal it dilutes your digestive enzymes and makes your digestion less effective. Get yourself a BPA free water bottle and carry it with you. .
- Our blood is over 80% water
- Our bones are over 50% water
- Drinking more water helps lessen pain in the body by getting the lymphatic system moving
- Water helps eliminate wastes and toxins from the body
- Water lubricates joints and reduces joint pain
- Water regulates your metabolism
- Water balances body temperature
- Water helps ensure adequate electrical functioning of the nervous system
- Water elleviates dehydration
- Every cell in the body requires adequate water to function properly
Staying hydrated keeps your memory sharp, your mood stable and your motivation intact. When you’re well-hydrated, you can also think through a problem more easily. Researchers hypothesize that not having enough water could reduce oxygen flow to the brain or temporarily shrink neurons — or being thirsty could simply distract you.
Water keeps your throat and lips moist and prevents your mouth from feeling dry. Dry mouth can cause bad breath and/or an unpleasant taste, and can even promote cavities.
Dehydration lowers your blood volume, so your heart must work harder to pump the reduced amount of blood and get enough oxygen to your cells, which makes everyday activities like walking up stairs — as well as exercise — more difficult.
When you’re well hydrated, the water inside and outside the cells of contracting muscles provides adequate nutrients and removes waste efficiently so you perform better.
Water is also important for lubricating joints. Contrary to popular belief, muscle cramps do not appear to be related to dehydration, but, instead, to muscle fatigue, according to Sam Cheuvront, Ph.D., an exercise physiologist for the U.S. Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine.
When a person is severely dehydrated, skin is less elastic. This is different than dry skin, which is usually the result of soap, hot water and exposure to dry air.
The easiest thing that anybody could do on a daily basis is monitor their urine color,” says Douglas Casa, Ph.D., A.T.C., who studies hydration at the University of Connecticut. “Lighter urine color — like lemonade — means you’re generally well-hydrated. If it’s darker, like apple juice, you are most likely dehydrated.”
Staying hydrated keeps your memory sharp, your mood stable and your motivation intact. When you’re well hydrated, you can also think through a problem more easily. Researchers hypothesize that not having enough water could reduce oxygen flow to the brain or temporarily shrink neurons — or being thirsty could simply distract you.
Your kidneys need water to filter waste from the blood and excrete it in urine. Keeping hydrated may also help prevent urinary tract infections and kidney stones. If you are severely dehydrated, your kidneys may stop working, causing toxins to build up in your body.
And, no, unfortunately, drinking lots of water won’t prevent wrinkles.
10 Benefits of Drinking Warm Lemon Water
- Boosts your immune system: Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure.
- Balances pH: Drink lemon water everyday and you’ll reduce your body’s overall acidity. Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around. Yes, lemon has citric acid but it does not create acidity in the body once metabolized.
- Helps with weight loss: Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet (see #2) lose weight faster.
- Aids digestion: Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials. It encourages the liver to produce bile that is an acid that required for digestion. Efficient digestion reduces heartburn and constipation.
- Is a diuretic: Lemons increase the rate of urination in the body, which helps purify it. Toxins are, therefore, released at a faster rate that helps keep your urinary tract healthy.
- Clears skin: The vitamin C component helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well. It can actually be applied directly to scars to help reduce their appearance.
- Freshens breath: Not only this, but it can help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. The citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so you should monitor this.
- Relieves respiratory problems: Warm lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and halt those pesky coughs. It’s thought to be helpful to people with asthma and allergies too.
- Keeps you Zen: Vitamin C is one of the first things depleted when you subject your mind and body to stress. As mentioned previously, lemons are chock full of vitamin C.
- Helps kick the coffee habit: After a glass of hot lemon water, you won’t crave coffee in the morning.
Placement of the feeder should be done with care when it comes to windows. Birds get confused by reflections and accidentally fly into glass. “Window strikes take a huge toll on bird populations,” says John Griffin, the director of urban wildlife at the Humane Society of the United States. To avoid strikes, place feeder within three feet of a window or 30 feet away. “Within three feet they can’t get enough speed to do a lot of damage, and 30 feet is far enough away that they’re unlikely to get confused.
Six things you should never feed local birds:
Bread – Bread has zero nutritional value. If birds fill up on it, they end up not eating what they need. Angel wing is a condition birds get when their bones don’t develop properly because they aren’t getting enough nutrition This often occurs because bread is a staple of their diet. If the case is severe, birds won’t be able to fly.
Sugar – Sugar water ferments. Refill hummingbird feeders every 3 days. Fermented water can kill hummingbirds. Sugar ferments in the sun. If hummingbirds drink too much fermented liquid, it can lead to organ failure and death. Make sure to restock your hummingbird feeder with fresh liquid every three days or go the more natural route by growing plants that attract hummingbirds.
Chocolate – Don’t leave chocolate outside unattended. Chocolate is poisonous for birds and if they eat enough, it can be fatal. So keep your candy stash safely inside.
Rice – Like bread, rice lacks the nutrition that birds need. They’re likely to gorge themselves on it instead of eating nutritious food, resulting in vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
Salt – Don’t salt the water in your birdbath. Extreme care should be used when feeding anything with salt to birds. While salt is a part of birds’ normal diet, it’s easy for them to overdose. A better method to keep your birdbath from freezing is to float a small object in it and check regularly in cold weather.
Milk – If you’re setting out a saucer of milk for a neighborhood kitty, please don’t. Birds are lactose intolerant, and milk can cause severe gastric distress. In large quantities it can kill a bird.
Pet Food Safety
1. Chemical Preservatives (BHT and BHA) no one knows how these chemicals might affect human or pet health. Limit use if possible. It’s especially important for pets since they eat the same food at every meal, and have a higher exposure rate.
2. Menadione, known as vitamin K3, is a synthetic form of vitamin K. Vitamin K, found in leafy greens, helps the body form blood clots. Dogs and cats need very little. Their gut bacteria produce Vitamin K. There’s evidence K3 causes liver toxicity and damages cell membranes. It was banned from use in human food in 1963.
3. Meat-Byproduct Meals – This means all the refuse from the human food industry; organs, blood, bones, fatty tissue, and beaks. It’s generally OK to give pets small amounts of byproducts. Chicken byproduct meal is different. When the word “byproduct” is followed by “meal,” it means the meat leftovers were cooked for hours to kill off bacteria, viruses, and parasites. The meal may contain more questionable waste, such as very out-of-date supermarket meat, restaurant grease, and diseased or disabled livestock. Pet food cannot contain hoofs, horns, feces, or road kill. Chicken meal can be safe if you buy a high quality product. Look for “chicken” or “chicken meal,” not “poultry” or “poultry meal,” and no animal meal.
4. Corn Products – Dry kibble can be loaded with corn byproducts as filler in treats, like feed corn scraps, seen as the ingredient “corn gluten” on labels. Foods where corn is the main ingredient is a sign the product is nutritionally lacking. Buy brands whose main ingredients are specific meat protein, such as chicken or tuna.
5. Sweetener – Sugar is as bad for your pets as for you. Sweeteners are in poor quality foods and pets can get addicted to it. Leave products with sugar, corn syrup, cane molasses, fructose, glucose, and ammoniated glycyrrhizin (a licorice extract) on the shelf. Natural sweeteners like honey and blackstrap molasses are fine in small amounts in treats, but not in every meal.
1 tsp. rosemary
1 tsp. fennel seeds
1 tsp wormwood
1 tsp dried rue
Lice use Artemesia
Natural Pet Remedies will save you money while keeping your carbon footprint and paw print in check!
1. Rid Fleas With Citrus – Fleas don’t like citrus. Rub your pet’s fur with a small amount of fresh lemon or orange juice. Put those mostly-juiced citrus rinds to use!
2. Repel Biters With Brewer’s Yeast – A dose of brewer’s yeast mixed with a small amount of garlic in dry food daily will help to repel fleas for dogs. For cats, add brewer’s yeast, but no garlic. (It can lead to anemia for felines).
3. Drown Fleas With Water – Fleas aren’t so grabby when deluged with the miracle solution known as water. Dip your pet in a tub of water and rinse as well as you can. A gentle shampoo (or natural liquid dish detergent) can help. Or you can take him to the lake or beach to swim!
4. A Clean House Makes Fleas Sad – Tidy housekeeping can keep the flea community down. Frequently vacuum your pet’s favorite hangout, launder pet blankets, towels and beds, and keep floor clean with a natural disinfectant.
5. Feed Flea Babies to the Worms – Beneficial nematode worms, available at garden shops and pet stores, like to eat flea larva. Keeping them in the garden can help keep outdoor flea populations down.
6. Make a Rose Geranium Tick Collar – Rose geranium essential oil is successful for repelling ticks from dogs, apply a few dabs to your dog’s collar. (Not recommended for cats.)
7. Treat the Feet – If your dog’s feet seem sore from rough terrain, hot or cold pavement, or any other reason, check the paws and toes. Remove anything that doesn’t belong there, wash gently, and apply a gentle moisturizer. If bleeding, apply antibiotic ointment and gently bandage them.
8. Spray Chamomile for Icky Skin – Chamomile tea is great for alleviating skin irritations. Make tea, put it in a spray bottle in the refrigerator, and apply it to your pet’s raw skin.
9. Pamper the Pup with Vitamin E – A dog’s dry skin can benefit greatly from applications of vitamin E oil to affected areas.
10. Kick Itch with Oatmeal – Use baby oatmeal (or fine-grind your own), add water, and rub the paste onto itchy areas. Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water. Works!
11. Rehydrate a Sick Dog – Flavorless electrolyte drinks, like sports waters and pediatric drinks, can help a sick dog recoup necessary fluids after a bout of diarrhea or vomiting.
12. Make a Happy Tummy – Pets on antibiotics may have stomach problems as the medication wipes out beneficial bacteria as well as the sinister ones. A little yogurt (with live active cultures) with dinner will help the stomach.
13. Relax Aching Eyes – If you pet’s eyes seem irritated or infected, a warm chamomile tea bag can be used to soothe them.
14. Use Epsom Salt for Sprains and Strains – Your limping dog may have strained or sprained something. Add ½ cup Epsom salt to a warm bath and let your dog soak for five minutes, twice daily. If your dog doesn’t agree with you on this method, you can soak a washcloth in Epsom salt and warm water and apply to the local area.
15. Reduce Facial Hot Spots by Switching Bowls – If your pet eats from plastic bowls and suffers from chronic hot spots, irritation, or allergic reactions around the face, the fix may be as easy as changing to a glass or metal bowl. Plastic harbors bacteria and other nastiness that can be very irritating. Be sure to wash the bowls thoroughly.
16. Fight Hairballs With Butter – The grooming brush is your best defense against hairballs, A daily brush followed by a wipe from a moist towel should help considerably. But during high hairball season, a half a teaspoon of butter for a few days can really help.
17. Administer Juice for the Bladder – Cats are naturally prone to bladder and urethra issues. Unsweetened cranberry increases urine acidity resulting in a reduced chance of blockages or infections. Add cranberry powder to food, or cranberry juice to the water, or give your cat a cranberry capsule.
18. Prunes or Canned Pumpkin for Digestion – In older animals, digestion can get a bit bumpy. If your pet is more mellow than usual, is straining, and makes frequent toilet attempts, constipation may be the problem. Adding canned pumpkin or diced prunes to food could get things started again. For a sever case, try mixing in a tablespoon of Milk of Magnesia. Prune pits are toxic to both animals and humans, so make sure they are pit-free.
19. When They Eat Something They Shouldn’t Have – If your pet devours something toxic, you can use hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. Give them one teaspoon per five pounds of body weight, and repeat once if needed. (Call your vet)
Home Remedies for Fleas
The essential oils used here are all natural insecticide/pesticides, shown to either kill or deter the pests due to their naturally occurring chemicals.
1. Flea collar
A flea collar is a great way to ward off fleas without always having to reapply something topically, and it keeps the flea control constant and steady.
3-5 drops of cedar oil or lavender oil
1-3 tablespoons of water
Bandana OR your dog’s collar
Dilute 2-3 drops of your chosen oil in 1-3 tablespoons of water. If you go up to ½ teaspoon you can use up to 5 drops of the liquid. Using an eyedropper, apply 5-10 drops of the mixture to a bandana and rub the sides of the fabric together and tie it about your dog’s neck. Reapply oil mixture to the collar once a week. 1 or 2 drops of oil diluted with 1 tablespoon of olive oil can be placed at the base of your dog’s tail.
2. Flea deterring drink– can be used alongside any of these remedies.
1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar or apple cider vinegar
For every 40 pound dog add 1 teaspoon of white distilled vinegar or apple cider vinegar to 1 quart of their drinking water. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar deters fleas and improves a pups skin and coat condition from the inside-out.
3. Flea comb
This contains lemon and lemon contains something called limonene, which is a chemical that kills and repels fleas but is harmless to us or our pets.
1 freshly sliced up lemon
1 pot of fresh water
comb, sponge, or brush
Boil a pot of water and add the slices of a freshly cut lemon to it. Turn off the heat after the lemons has been added and cover the pot, letting the mixture steep overnight. The next day dip a comb or your pets brush in the liquid (make sure it’s sufficiently cool) and run it through their hair.
4. Flea spray
Your pup will get a nice gleaming finish to their coat after using this flea spray.
1 cup white distilled vinegar OR 1 cup apple cider vinegar OR a 50/50 blend of both
1 quart fresh water
2-3 drops of lavender or cedar oil
The essential oil gives the spray an extra edge and a nice smell. Add 2-3 drops as you add 1 cup of white distilled vinegar/apple cider vinegar to 1 quart of fresh water. Fill your spray bottle, and mist your dog. Avoid spraying near the face. Dampen a cloth with the mixture and wipe it around the neck and behind the ears/their chin area. Spray your pets bedding and around it lightly with this mixture.
5. Flea (be-gone) bag
This little sachet contains things that smell pleasant to us, but that drive pests away from your pet.
Two 6 inch squares of breathable fabric (such as muslin)
handful of cedar chips
1-2 teaspoons of dried lavender buds
peel of 1 lemon
Cut 2 6 inch squares of fabric and place them together inside out. Sew all but 1 side and turn inside out. Fill with a rough handful of fragrant cedar chips, 1-2 teaspoons of lavender, and 1 lemon peel. Leave enough room at the top so you can tie it off with a ribbon or sew it shut (tying allows you to reuse it when the contents lose their potency.) Place under your pets bed/bedding or near it to ward off fleas. Change the mixture every month or so.
6. Flea bath– wash your pup with this weekly to deter fleas.
half a cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice*
1 ½ – 2 cups of fresh water
1/4 –1/2 cup of mild pet-friendly soap or shampoo
Stir together a half a cup of lemon juice, 1½ cups of water, and ¼ cup of mild pet-friendly shampoo or soap. Bottle and label and bathe weekly to keep fleas away. As a general rule of thumb, use 2 parts water to every ½ cup of soap and lemon juice.